Rhiwelli - Welsh Cottage holidays in Dinas Cross, Pembrokeshire
Here are the details for Rhiwelli ideal for a cottage holiday in Dinas Cross, Pembrokeshire. To book or find out more please use the Booking Info or Availability buttons below.
Rhiwelli sits in four acres of sloping grounds on the northern flanks of the Preseli Hills. The panoramic sea views are breath-taking on a sunny day from the patio and terraced lawns in front of the cottage. The steep northerly slopes are covered with deciduous woodland and the land to the west and south is covered with natural vegetation, including bracken, grasses and wild flowers. The all-weather lane to the cottage is steep but easily driven and there is ample parking for at least four cars with a large turning area. The cottage lies on an almost flat terrace with easy, all weather access around it. A National Park viewpoint is situated on the northern slopes of the Preseli Hills some distance above this beautiful detached character cottage.
The property has retained many period features with exposed and painted stonework to the interior, an open plan double height sitting room, galleried landing, exposed beams and joists and an inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove.
The village of Dinas Cross, a village of about 600 inhabitants sits deep below the cottage and nestles within the steep slopes of the Dinas Mountain. There are two beautiful beaches nearby where there is safe bathing and boating. There are many local walks with scenic routes over the mountain to the Gwaun Valley and the Preseli Hills beyond.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms.
- Family bathroom.
- Inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Children over five years welcome (please carefully supervise due to the steep open landscape).
- Grounds of four acres with outside patio and terraced lawns.
- Off-road parking for up to four cars.
- Minimum stay of three nights.
- Spectacular sea views.
- Painted stone walls.
- Original features such as inglenook fireplace and exposed beams.
- Dishwasher, electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer..
- Flat screen TV in sitting room, DVD player, digital radio and CD player.
Attractions and nearby facilities
- This cottage is within easy reach of a beach.
- There are walks up Dinas Mountain which start at Pen Rhiwelli Viewpoint above the cottage.
- An ideal base for exploring numerous local attractions and historic sites, such as the newly refurbished Cardigan Castle overlooking the River Teifi and dating from the late 11th-century.
- Wander around Castell Henllys Iron Age Fort which are Iron Age roundhouses rebuilt on the foundations of a hill fort. Situated above a wooded landscape that leads to a beautiful river valley below where there is an exhibition area and café.
Rhiwelli sits in four acres of sloping grounds on the northern flanks of the Preseli Hills. The panoramic sea views are breath-taking on a sunny day from the patio and terraced lawns in front of the cottage. The property has retained many period features with exposed and painted stonework to the interior, an open plan double height sitting room, galleried landing, exposed beams and joists and an inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove.
|Rhiwelli has the following Facilities
Keen on fishing? there is fishing on site or nearby
Sea within 5 miles
The cottage has an open fire - perfect for that authentic country cottage feeel on a winters evening
This cottage can be booked for a short break
This cottage sleeps more than 2 - perfect for families of all ages
Pets are not permitted at this cottage
Price: £ from £ 381.00
|This cottage Sleeps
| This cottage is within 5 miles of the sea
Enjoy an evening drink or a pub lunch at the nearbypub
||Cottage rental includes
- Dog Free
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
Important note: All information provided about this holiday cottage are for guidance only. Cottages4Holidays-uk.com is an independent site bringing you details of a wide range of cottages (over 9,500) in England, Wales and Scotland alone. The aim of the information provided is to allow you to compare a range of properties. Once you have chosen a cottage that suits your requirments you can book the holiday via the booking links provided which is either the cottage owner direct or a reputable booking agent.