Lletty is one of eight luxury self-catering cottages on The Bodnant Estate near Conwy in North Wales. A perfect outdoor break, the Bodnant Estate is privately owned and this cottage lies off a woodland track from where there are glorious walks along private paths through woods and across farmland. The world famous Bodnant Garden, owned by the National Trust, is central to the Estate and within one to two miles walking distance from the properties and open 361 days a year. The world famous garden is known for its laburnum arch, Italiante terraces, waterfalls and national collections of plants.
Lletty is an historic three-storey Grade II stone holiday farmhouse dating from the 17th century, rescued from dereliction and sympathetically restored leading to an award from the Conwy Civic Society during 2009 for the restoration of the farmhouse. The property is situated high above the Eglwysbach valley, with fine pastoral views. It has many period features; two vaulted rooms, a two-storey room where the warmth of the animals was used to heat the farmhouse, exposed beams, wooden and slate floors, bread oven, etc. The separate annexe provides accommodation for two guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Three bedrooms and two bathrooms in the main house and one bedroom and one en-suite shower room in the annexe.
- A wood burning stove.
- Enclosed garden, parts of which are on a slope, with steps and a level sitting area below the house plus an eating terrace to one side of house.
- Parking for three vehicles.
- You can bring your dog to this cottage. Due to nearby livestock, please keep your pet under careful control.
- Please note that access to the cottage is via a single country road and graded track across fields.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Period features include oak and slate floors, vaulted ceilings, exposed beams and a bread oven.
- Gas range cooker, microwave, larder fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- TV, Freeview, DVD, CD/radio.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Fishing permits available at Bodnant Garden Centre.
This 17th century Grade II farmhouse on the Bodnant Estate was sympathetically restored, retaining many period features and winning an award from the Conwy Civic Society. With the adjacent annexe, the property accommodates up to eight guests.